Stafford, Texas Police officer Ann Carrizales stopped a car just before 4:00 AM. Within minutes, the driver’s side passenger had shot her twice, once in the vest and once in the face. Most officers would just call it in at that point, but Carrizales returned fire and then pursued the car at high speeds into Houston.
That takes real cojones – big brass ones at that.
The shooter was captured at the scene by other responding officers, and there is a $10,000 reward for the other two MS-13 gang members involved.
In the meantime, for those who do not think that police deserve any respect or merit any consideration from the general public, this is why you are wrong. Well done, Officer Carrizales.
- Police video released in Texas officer shot case (khou.com)
- Texas Police Officer Shot in Face, Captures Alleged Shooter (newday.blogs.cnn.com)
- Shot in face, cop chased suspects ‘because I am a mom’ (today.com)
- Reward offered in case of Stafford police officer shooting (click2houston.com)
- “It wasn’t an option for me to give up” – says Latina police officer shot twice who still caught suspects (nbclatino.com)
- Bullet-proof vest saves the life of Houston-area officer (wfaa.com)
- $10K reward offered for capture of 2 fugitives wanted for shooting a Stafford police officer (khou.com)